Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wanna box?


After a long day of working out, I sat down to watch Biggest Loser. During this episode they had them boxing. Something about watching them box and really work off the frustration they were feeling, inspired me. Since then, I've been on a mission to box.

I promptly grabbed my laptop, sat on the sofa and googled boxing lessons in MD. Who knew boxing lessons can be so expensive. I didn't even find any private lessons! They were all boxing "gyms" so to speak and with some very high monthly membership fees at that!

After realizing that wasn't really option for me, after all, I already belong to a gym, I remembered just that...Hey! I already belong to a gym and that gym, has a punching bag! Lets not forget that I also already have a personal trainer! Go me! So, not long there after, I had a little chat with the most awesome personal trainer in the world and asked him to teach me to box.

Tonight, instead of our usual personal training session, I got a boxing lesson and loved every minute of it. Nothing like being able to hit that punching bag with every ounce of strength and frustration you have.

Lesson 1 - Don't hit the personal trainer in the face. - Thankfully, I didn't. Go me!
Lesson 2 - You always have a stupid side...mine is my left.
Lesson 3 - OMG, boxing is painful...my knuckles were bright red, my hands hurt so badly after that they were shaking and I could hardly write out my check to pay for the session. Apparently that is normal since I don't spend my day punching people. Lets hope it gets easier!
Lesson 4 - When kicking the punching bag, don't kick with your toe. Kick with the top of your shoe, the laces. Kicking with the toe is extremely painful.
Lesson 5 - Boxing when the Fibromyalgia is acting up, not the best idea. But I did it anyway. =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment