Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Am I crazy or what?

This pretty little kitty will be a new and welcomed addition to the family on June 25th.

What's that you say? Am I really trying yet again to introduce a new putty tat to the household? Yes, as crazy as it seems, I will be doing just that.

You see, my aunt's kitten had kittens. They adopted the kitty not knowing she was pregnant and low and behold, 4 more kittens!!! How can I not offer to take one in?

The logic? Well, the hope is if it's a little girl (and she is) and she's young (which she is) than perhaps they will be more nurturing and loving than rejecting. And the biggest point I'm counting on? She won't be mental like Squeakers!!! Don't get me wrong, I do love, adore and miss my sweet Squeakers, but lets be real, he had...excuse me...has his issues. Even in his new home. Thank you to Karen for taking him in and finding his antics amusing!!!

I've tried to talk to Jasper and Syda about it but the refuse to talk about it. If nothing less, perhaps they will just learn to tolerate her, but I'm hoping they will learn to love her.

Oh, and my other reasoning!! All three of my kitties, Jasper, Syda and Squeakers were all from Animal Rescue and older and or Feral. It'll be very different experience to have a healthy, happy, undamaged kitten in the household.

Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment